Got a passion for Women, Land and Legacy? Want to help spread that passion? You could be the new WLL Coordinator!
The new WLL Coordinator will be responsible for the daily WLL operations of the WLL, promote growth of WLL throughout Iowa, and provide outreach to the local teams to help them be more sustainable. The coordinator will support local teams, serve as the key contact with local teams, and coordinate the services provided through WLL with assistance from the State Team.
The WLL Coordinator will report to the Women Food and Agriculture Network (WFAN) Executive Director, and will be advised by the WLL State Team. This is a partnership of WLL & WFAN. The Team will provide the coordinator training and direction, assistance with the quarterly newsletter and social media, assistance with communication with key state-level agency leadership, and support in conducting evaluations.
WLL Coordinator responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate new local teams and assist each in an initial listening session
- Assist existing groups to continue to provide educational and networking meetings
- Facilitate information sharing with the local groups, including the WLL Toolbox
- Ensure that the WLL newsletter is published quarterly
- Maintain social media and calendar of events
- Meet quarterly with the WLL State Team
- Ensure evaluations of WLL programming are conducted
- Meet weekly with WFAN Executive Director
- Identify future funding opportunities
- Assist in writing grant reports and grant applications
- Tracking and submitting expenses
- Speaking engagements and speaking to reporters, as needed
- Assist with fundraisers, as needed
- Identify and participate in professional development
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Experience in mentoring, facilitation, evaluation, and event planning
- Familiarity with agricultural and rural resources available to women in Iowa
- Experience with all-women learning environments strongly preferred
- Travel within Iowa is required and applicants must have a valid drivers license
This position will require an average of 20 hours per week, with a starting salary of $20,000 per year, dependent upon experience. Benefits include paid vacation time and holidays. WFAN offers office space in Story City, Iowa, however work from home is permitted.
Please submit a cover letter addressing how you meet the above qualifications, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm central time on December 1, 2014. Questions regarding the position announcement can be directed to Bridget Holcomb: 515.460.2477 or email@example.com.
A PDF of this position announcement can be downloaded here.